Temperance-Kutner Elementary School
1448 N. Armstrong Avenue
Fresno, CA 93727
Monday - Friday
7:30 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.
559.327.8112 ASES (after hours line)
School Mission Statement
The mission of Temperance-Kutner Elementary School is to educate all students in a challenging, disciplined, and supportive environment, so they can all reach their full potential of becoming productive citizens, making life-long contributions to society.
- Provide a safe, positive, and disciplined learning environment where all students have the opportunity to grow to their full potential.
- Maximize student achievement in a strong academic core curriculum including language arts, math, social science, physical fitness education, science, health education, and visual and performing arts.
- Promote, by example and expectation, positive and appropriate character development in every student at every opportunity.
- Utilizing the Quality Improvement Concepts T-K staff and students will strive to operate all aspects of the campus/curriculum with ever improving efficiency and effectiveness.
Temperance-Kutner Elementary Achievements
- Campaign for Business and Education Excellence Honor Roll School 2014-15
- State Distinguished School 2012
- 892 Academic Performance Index (API) 2011
- State Distinguished School 2008
- Title I Academic Achievement Award 2007
- National Drug-Free School 1994-95
School Accountability Report Card (SARC)
T-K School Compact Agreement
It is the belief of the Temperance-Kutner Elementary school staff and administration that families and school work together to help students achieve high academic standards. Please review our School Compact Agreement for detailed roles and responsibilities to support student success.
No Child Left Behind (NCLB)
Your child is attending a school receiving Title I federal funds through the No Child Left Behind Act (in English, referred to as NCLB). This Federal law requires that parents be notified of their right to know the professional qualifications of their child's teacher(s) in core academic subject areas, including the following:
1. The type of state credential or credentials that the teacher holds. Some teachers will have a credential in a particular subject area, such as English or mathematics, and others will have a multiple subject credential, which allows them to teach a variety of subjects, such as in elementary schools.
2. The education level and subject area of the teacher’s college degree(s). All teachers have a bachelor’s degree, and many teachers have graduate degrees beyond the bachelor’s, such as a masters or doctoral degree.
At Temperance-Kutner Elementary School, all teachers have met the requirements of NCLB and its professional qualifications by holding the appropriate credentials. In addition to the qualifications of the teacher, if a paraprofessional (teacher’s aide) provides your child services, you may also request information about his or her qualifications. At Temperance-Kutner Elementary School, all of our paraprofessionals have two years of college, and/or have passed a test that verifies their qualifications. If you would like this information, please contact Kathy Blackburn at 559.327.8100.