Sarah Mikolavich, R.N., B.S.N., P.H.N.
Cindy Frazier, Health Services Asst.
(559) 327-8190 Fax
A Health Services Assistant is in the Health Office 5 days a week. You may reach the School Nurse by leaving a message with the Health Services Assistant. The Health Office plays an important role in the school by:
- Completing mandated vision, hearing, and dental screenings, and collecting first grade physicals, color vision screenings on kindergarten boys, and checking immunizations.
- Providing health education resources for school staff and families.
- Maintaining all health records for students.
- Contacting parents regarding illness, health problems, and excessive absences.
- Advising the staff regarding health related conditions and/or hazards.
- Administering medications per California Education Code 49423.